Monday, November 23, 2015

The Kite Runner

Book: The Kite Runner
By: Khaled Hosseini


Growing up in Afghanistan, Amir tells stories about his past. Twenty six years ago, an event that happened in 1975 keeps coming back to his memory. This event eventually made him into the man he is today. Amir's lived in a wealthy household, with a businessmen as a father, and a servant by the name of Hassan who he bacame best friends with. The two had a good friendship. Always spent time with one another and just bonded well. Amir would sometimes get jealous though because his father Baba would show Hassan more affection than he did. As Amir keeps trying to get his dad to love him more, he starts to feel guilty for his mother's death... wondering what can he change.


This book took me a minute to get interested into, but after I continued to read, I begun to get addicted and not be able to put the book down. As I read, I have many predictions. I predict that Amir might try to hurt Hassan because he's getting cared about more. If this happens, this could ruin not only their friendship, but also it will bring plenty of chaos to the household.
As I continue to read, I hope to find out more on what a kite runner is. Also, hopefully my questionsa are answered.

Why do you think Amir moved to San Francisco which is so far from Afghanistan?
How would you feel if your dad cared about your best friend more than you?


1 comment:

  1. To me I just wonder how Hassan really feels under his shell of happiness. It's no way a person can sustain so much bad treatment and remain positive about it. I also wonder if Hassan envies Amir at all. I sure that he does but weird enough I think the feeling is mutual. Because Hassan has many good qualities that Amir doesn't just from being raised the way that he was.

    ReplyDelete